Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weekly Recipe #2

Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin

Prep: 10 min., Bake: 25 min., Broil: 5 min., Stand: 10 min.
Go ahead and season the other tenderloin in the package with your favorite spice blend. Wrap and freeze to jump-start another meal.

1 (1-lb.) pork tenderloin
1 teaspoon steak seasoning **


3 bacon slices, cut in half crosswise

1. Preheat oven to 425°. Remove silver skin from pork tenderloin, leaving a thin layer of fat covering the pork. Sprinkle seasoning over pork. Wrap pork with bacon slices, and secure with wooden picks. Place pork on a lightly greased wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan.

2. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 155°. Increase oven temperature to broil. Broil 5 inches from heat 3 to 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Remove from oven; cover pork with foil, and let stand 10 minutes or until thermometer registers 160°.

Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning. Yield: Makes 4 servings
Southern Living, APRIL 2008

This one is SUPER easy and SO incredibly good. Pick your veggie side....can't think of many that wouldn't be good with this one:-)

**I used Weber Chicago Steak Seasoning to make it safe for Rusty to eat

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds yummy. Anything with bacon has to be good! And, ready in a half hour. Double bonus.

Steph said...

Hey... I think I could do this! And I'd feel all fancy afterwards, like I knew how to cook or something. :)

Karrie said...

It's very yummy and SO fast. I suppose you could make it healthier by using turkey bacon too, but have to admit...never done that one myself!

Steph-I have great confidence with you on this one! Let me know if you work up the adventurous spirit to give it a try:-)

Anonymous said...

We could always try it together the first time. I've always wanted to help you enjoy cooking. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! But silver skin? What the... ??

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!!! Must try this week. By the way, the chicken and rice was fabulous! Thanks.

Karrie said...

Summer-you so won't be sorry on this one. Brad and I absolutely inhaled it:-) And I'm so glad you liked the chicken & rice! It's a favorite around here!

Anonymous said...

Karrie, I made this tenderloin tonight and we loved it. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.

Anonymous said...

Another hit for my family! I love trying your stuff! What is next?
Jennifer & Reagan :)