Monday, August 11, 2008

A Big Month for the Schnitz: Part III (and FINAL!!)

Ok, I'm a total slacker, but have decided to try to (somewhat) mend my ways. I've been meaning to get this "final installment" done and for a variety of reasons, well, haven't. So here goes!

After leaving the reunion in Scottsbluff, Rusty and I traveled back to Kansas City (Olathe, KS to be exact) with Mom to check out their new home and relax for the week. Had a great time hanging out with Kristi, Phil and the kids the first day back and enjoying a trip to the zoo and then just checking out Kansas City with Mom and Dad the rest of the time.

Best way to get through a long drive!


Red panda...taking it easy in the heat:-)
So I really WAS hatched!
The lambs were VERY friendly, especially once you gave them food!

Ok, so they're poisonous, but still really cool!

Jakson and Rusty both thought the cave was pretty cool:-)

It's just hard to beat a frog/slide combo for a good time;-)

Crazy lemurs!

As you can see, we all had a great time at the zoo. If you ever get to Kansas City, I very much recommend checking it out! And in case enough fun had not yet been had, Rusty then got his first experience with the great Chuck E Cheese (heaven help us all!)

Then it was back to the house for a quick "family" birthday celebration!


The end result of a VERY full day:-)

Man, I really need to expand my vocabulary to include "child labor laws"!!Who knew there were such great rides at the mall?
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Right, Mimi??

So this is what a pool is! Fun:-)

Already an old pro.

A nice dinner out with Mimi and Papa to end a great trip!

You know, I'm tired after just posting the pictures. No wonder I've been such a slacker lately, I've been recovering from vacation! Hmmm....guilt just fading away:-) Hope you enjoyed the pics and I'll try to be more consistent about posting!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Very fun. :) I love the shots of Rusty in the egg and the blue frogs. So cool!

Miss you...
Steph

AW said...

Awww! My favorite is the hatched picture too. Although the shot of him with the vacuum gives me hope. LOL!

Karrie said...

I'm glad ya'll like the "hatched" pictures! That was one of my favorites, I have to admit:-) And the blue frogs were just surreal!

Don't worry Andi, I'm pretty sure some cleaning compulsions are genetic...you're good;-) Now mind you, while he loves "cleanin'", he is also capable of making a catastrophic mess in less time than it takes to blink! Does that make him well-balanced??;-)