Sunday, January 9, 2011

Expanding Our Culinary Horizons 2011

As my "fun" New Years resolution this year, I've decided to try out one new recipe each week. We will then rate it and the top contenders will be compiled at the end of the year. The impetus for this particular resolution actually came from a few different sources. First, I got some very fun, new toys for Christmas. A cast iron, enamel covered dutch oven and a cast iron skillet. Oh yeah, those have opened up some new avenues! The second is that Rusty had even MORE allergies added a few months ago that have, sadly, torpedoed most of the recipes I've spent the last couple of years collecting for him. Just for the record, he is now allergic to the following: wheat, eggs, dairy, soy, beef, peanuts, black beans, rice, onions, and garlic. I obviously needed more of a challenge;-)

These recipes are not going to necessarily follow any sort of pattern. It's basically just whatever I want to try out in any given week! They may be breakfast, lunch/dinner or dessert and may be recipes that just Brad and I can eat or "allergy friendly" stuff that Rusty can eat. Due to the fact that I have any number of friends and family members with some or more of the same allergy problems that Rusty has, I am going to include the allergen information for each recipe. Hopefully, this will provide some new ideas for others too!

Enjoy and let me know what you think!:-)

2 comments:

amy luella said...

pleasant surprise seeing you have already posted. off to check out the beef dish.=)

Karrie said...

Thanks! And believe it or not, I even have a couple of more to put up in the next day or two. Who knows...maybe this will be the New Years resolution that I actually keep;-)