Saturday, May 24, 2008

Time to play catch-up!

Ok, things have gotten a little on the crazy side over the last couple of weeks and so I've decided to do a "catch-up" post. That's allowed, right?:-)

Well, as some of you know, I have been helping out at my old office a couple of days a week this past month and will finish up by the end of June. So, on Tuesdays and Thursdays while I'm at the office, Rusty is spending time with my friend Janice and her two children, Ashleigh and Ethan. Rusty has a great time at their house, especially playing with Ashleigh, as you can tell from the pictures!


Hmmm...seems to have a thing for blondes;-)

Last week, my parents came into town and we had a great visit with them both. Rusty, of course, loves getting to spend time with his Mimi and Papa! Mom actually watched him while I was at work last Thursday and had a great time, according to all reports:-)


















Mom's excuse for this visit, in addition to getting a "Rusty fix", was actually to attend a family baby shower on Saturday morning. We had a great time getting to visit with family for a couple of hours!


Aunt Colleen, me, Jackie, Brooklyn, Stephanie, Emma, Aunt Penny, Michelle, Mom, and Bailey

Saturday night we had our good friends, Chuck and Ivilina, over for dinner and feasted on grilled steaks, courtesy of my wonderful husband, potatoes, salad and key lime pie for dessert! Yum! Chuck and Ivilina just recently returned from a trip to visit her parents in Bulgaria followed by an eight-day driving tour of Greece. How fun would that be? They very kindly brought me the following gift from their travels and I absolutely love it!

It was such a nice evening. Good food, good company, and good conversation....doesn't get much better than that!

Happy and full...note the empty plates!:-)

The rest of our time lately has been spent being VERY thankful that the weather has finally gotten nice enough to spend a good amount of time outdoors. Rusty's days are awfully relaxing (in my honest opinion) and generally start off cuddling on the couch with his blankets, leisurely enjoying his oatmeal and then moves on to hours of playing at the park, in the backyard, or with his new "scooper truck", interrupted only for a two-hour afternoon siesta! What a life, huh?
















Oh yeah...big stretch!



Car blanket & oatmeal..check..





















The playground is ALWAYS a hit!



Who doesn't like a scooper
truck?









Sorry Mama...just have a few calls to make!






I'm sure he's just getting my flowerbed ready for planting;-)






And just because we thought these were too cute, I feel the need to show ya'll the shoes we picked up for the schnitz this afternoon. Aren't things just so cute when they're in miniature??

Well, there is my not so short version of the terribly exciting events in our lives over the last few weeks. I hope you found this novella absolutely stimulating and if not just remember...caffeine is a most wonderful thing!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big! And the shoes, adorable!

Steph said...

karrie, he is so adorable. i love his little face.

k... so, grilled steaks and key lime pie on the vacation menu, please. ;)

Karrie said...

Summer-it's amazing how much work it takes to get this child bigger, but it does seem to be working! At least he seems to be able to pull things down from greater heights;-) And the shoes were just too fun to pass up!

Steph-glad you like the pics and just name the date and we'll get the menu lined up for you:-) And does this mean that you actually want BOTH coconut cream AND key lime pie? Good thing for you that I've turned into a very good cook;-)

Steph said...

oh, wow. yeah... i loves me some pie.