Sunday, September 7, 2008

Not the way we wanted the story to end....

As some of you knew and some of you didn't, Brad and I found out about a month 1/2 ago that we were expecting our second child at the end of March. Well, when I went in for my doctor's appointment this past Wednesday, the doctor discovered that I had miscarried. Due to the fact that we were leaving for Cape Cod on Saturday (yesterday), a D&C was scheduled for early Thursday morning. We were so very excited about the coming addition to our family, but apparently the timing is not now. We're doing ok, but want to let everyone know how much we appreciate the prayers and kind thoughts.



After a long day of travel, we have finally arrived in Cape Cod for the week. It could not have come at a better time as it is so very peaceful here and just good for the soul. Hopefully, I will be able to post on a more positive topic and provide lots of fun pictures of the schnitz at the beach as the week goes by.



God bless,

Karrie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karrie, I'm so sorry to hear that. May God give you comfort and assurance in His plan. God bless your family.

Steph said...

Karrie- I just read this. I am so sorry. I am praying for you and Brad. I hope your trip to Cape Cod is just the thing you need right now and that you are rested and comforted. God's got you. Love you- S

amy luella said...

thanks for sharing with us, karrie. i am so sorry about your loss.
with love,
amy

Anonymous said...

Oh Karrie,

I am behind on my blog world and just now am catching up on your posts. I am so sorry. We too have been through this and it is no fun. Your positive attitude will carry you through. Call me if you want to talk. Sum

The Donegans said...

Hi friend...I am so sorry to hear the news. Thank God for this wonderful Cape Cod vacation! Couldn't have been at a more perfect time. You are in my thoughts and prayers...
Love,
Amanda

Karrie said...

Thank you all so very much for your kind thoughts and prayers. This week has been very good for us emotionally and couldn't have come at a better time.

Sum-Thanks so much for your offer to talk. I may take you up on it when we get home.

Anonymous said...

Karrie,
I just now read this. I am sorry for your loss. If you're anything like me, you bonded with that precious baby instantly. We lost a baby to miscarriage 7 months after Angel died, and it was devastating.
I will pray for you and Brad. Please don't rush yourselves to 'get over' the heartache of losing this baby. Don't let anyone downplay it. I'm here if you want to email or talk.
Love,
Jen