Friday, April 11, 2008

Random tidbits from the last few days

Just to give a bit of insight into the interesting goings-on around our house...

Last week, Brad took Louie and Nala to the vet for their annual visit. Upon returning home he left the cat carrier in the front hallway. Mere moments later, we walk into the front hallway to see this:

I was a little bit concerned that someone might come over and think that we considered this an appropriate "time-out" spot! He's actually done this a number of times since then, so apparently the allure is strong. At one point while he was in the carrier, Louie walked over and just looked in as though he couldn't quite figure out how this situation made any sense at all! I had to laugh a few mornings later as I watched him crawl in with his toy vacuum in tow; I guess he decided it was time to tidy up?

And speaking of vacuums....this is one of his all-time obsessions. (Not that I anticipate this particular obsession will last long enough to be helpful in keeping house.) Three days ago I bought a new mop since a good portion of our house is now either tile or laminate. I haven't actually gotten to use it yet because the schnitz has decided it's the best thing since sliced bread and plays with it for HOURS on end. He even took a nap with the top portion because he wouldn't relinquish it and I'm a loyal member of the "pick your battles" club:-) Here's a sample of his sublime happiness with this newest gadget:


In the meantime, the cats have chosen a new "favorite napping spot". This is an ongoing project as I've been trying to get the back of our basement organized and with each bit of progress for me, another of their niches disappears. I'm hoping that this chosen spot doesn't mean that they want to be shipped out because they're tired of living with us and their new human who continues to insist on giving them hugs!

And finally, while in my mind it is only appropriate that spring in April should look like this:This is what we were ACTUALLY looking at all day yesterday:

My prayer is simply that "real" spring will show up soon:-)

4 comments:

Steph said...

wow. your flower pots are snow pots.

the schnitz needs to come visit me. my floors always need mopping. ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

HEHEHE - instead of a Kitty Carrier, it's a Kiddy Carrier!

Karrie said...

Steph-I'll get him ready to head on down ASAP;-) Glad you liked my "snowpots"....they last longer than my flowers!

Heather-very clever;-)